Why get by with a dessert that’s “not that bad” for you when you can whip up a dessert that’s actually good for you in about five minutes? That’s what we’ve been asking ourselves ever since we tried this plant-based parfait recipe from AYO Almondmilk Yogurt.
Now there are many reasons why this particular yogurt is so good for you. Among them:
- It’s totally vegan
- It doesn’t contain soy, dairy, cholesterol or anything artificial
- It’s high in fiber and low in saturated fat, with protein from about 20 almonds in each cup
- Each probiotic-rich cup features less added sugar than many other yogurts and only contains 150-160 calories.
- The Billings family grows all the almonds on a fourth generation, organic farm and oversees everything from picking to churning to culturing, for ultimate quality control.
So without further ado, here’s how to make this delicious plant-based yogurt parfait dessert that’s actually good for you:
- Whip up 1 1/2 cups of Vanilla AYO Yogurt in the Vitamix or blender with half a frozen banana (you can also add frozen blueberries, a spoonful of almond butter)
Add a sprinkle of chia seed and/or sliced almonds
Layer berries, yogurt mix and low sugar granola and repeat.
Add a couple of whole berries on top of the last layer of yogurt
Editor’s Note: Much plant-based yogurt and many almonds were consumed in the publishing of this post.
Find out how to make almond milk yogurt into a dessert that’s good for you, guilt-free and super delicious.