It should come as no surprise that this year, Americans ordered more takeout than ever before. When dining options across the nation closed down, locally-owned restaurants received support from their community via record numbers of takeout orders. Many eateries are still meeting the increased demand for takeout, even though some have opened up again.
This got the team at Move.org wondering which restaurants have the best takeout in every state.? It behooves them to find out, since they’re interested in helping people smoothly adjust their lifestyles when moving to new locations. And by the way, that’s happening in greater numbers as well —as more people are realizing they can work from just about anywhere, they’re relocating to the cities of their dreams.
Move.org searched high and low to bring you the nation’s 50 most popular takeout restaurants. From seafood and burgers to enchiladas and desserts, this list will help you satisfy your cravings and support local businesses throughout your community.
To find each state’s best takeout restaurants, they went to Tripadvisor.com and searched for a few criteria:
- Population: they picked the most populated city in each state.
- Takeout: They looked only at restaurants that had takeout availability.
- Rating: They chose the highest-rated takeout restaurant in the most populated city.
5 Takeaways from the List of the Best Takeout in Every State
(They’re not what you’d expect)
- The Midwest has both the highest ratings in the country for takeout and the most expensive prices.
- The South takes the prize for the nation’s most diverse takeout, including Asian, Mediterranean, and Latin food.
- 33% of Americans have ordered takeout three to five times per month.
- The East is the only region where dessert takeout is the most popular option.
- 75% have increased their support for locally-owned restaurants during COVID-19. (Yay us!)
And if you’d like libations to go with your takeout, click here to find some you can order in.