Not Duke! Not your Boo! Not workouts! You will be amazed at the things people say they’d really rather sacrifice to keep their smartphones. What have we become?
That’s the question you’ll be asking yourself when you read the results of a survey conducted by SimpleTexting. They chatted with 1,000 smartphone owners across demographics in all fifty states to find out exactly which pleasures Americans would sacrifice to keep their smartphones. The results are jaw dropping.
In our humble opinion, here are the five most shocking things people would rather give up than their smartphones:
- 40% of all respondents would rather be separated from their dogs than their smartphones for a month.
- 44% of the millennials who responded would rather be separated from their significant others than their smartphones for a month.
- 61% said they would give up vacations forever to keep their smartphones.
- 46% of females and 58% of males said they would permanently give up exercising to keep their smartphones.
- 44% of respondents would rather serve jury duty for five days than go without their smartphones for five days. (That’s kind of silly, because you have to give up your smart phone for most of the time when you’re serving jury duty anyway.)
The following infographics will tell you a little more about just how attached we the people are to our mobile devices: