Is anyone wearing as much makeup as they used to these days?
After all, the digital cameras and filters we use for Zoom meetings are far more forgiving, and with fewer places to go, plus a drastically reduced number of in person get togethers, we may be saving money on cosmetics, but are we really saving face?
Award-winning entrepreneur, philanthropist, author and cosmetics industry titan, Joni Rogers-Kante, Founder and CEO of SeneGence, a billion dollar luxury cosmetics company, knows that the right cosmetics can not only help boost your look, but also help boost your spirits at the same time. In addition, quality cosmetics that are right for your skin can keep it in top condition — literally help you save face!
SeneGence is widely known for its LipSense® color technology, and also for its full range of beauty products, sold directly by individuals from home, including anti-aging skin and hair care, long-lasting cosmetics, and a new men’s collection. Their products have been featured in Shape Magazine, InStyle, Us Weekly, Total Beauty, and HerMoney, so you know Joni’s got some excellent advice to give. She’s exclusively sharing with Really Rather readers these
5 Ways to Put Your Best Face Forward from Cosmetics Icon Joni Rogers-Kante
- Flawless makeup starts with your skin. Using the correct skin care products for your unique skin type and being consistent with your skin care routine makes all the difference with your makeup application. When your skin looks and feels it best, your makeup will too. Plus, I recommend always using a primer to prep skin for your foundation.
- Use a lighter shade of eye shadow on the inner corner of the eye to open up the eye area. Makeup is all about playing with lighting to enhance your features. I love applying Sandstone Pearl Shimmer ShadowSense to the inner corners of my eyes for a more youthful, lifted appearance. It’s an instant fix!
- Know your undertone when picking out makeup shades. To avoid mismatched foundation, here is a quick and easy trick: If your veins are blue or purple on the underside of your wrist, you have a cool undertone. Foundation with pink or red undertones will look best on you. If your veins are green or olive, your undertone is warm, and you should reach for foundation with yellow undertones. If your veins look like they are both blue and green, then you have a neutral undertone and should opt for neutral-based foundation.
- Sunscreen should be non-negotiable every day. Wearing sunscreen daily (yes, even in cloudy weather) is a surefire way to prevent the formation of new fine lines and wrinkles and combat the sun’s harmful rays. It is never too late to adopt this step into your daily routine. Simply apply sunscreen underneath your foundation or tinted moisturizer and go about your day.
- Reach for products that do double duty. As fun as it can be to do a full glam look, there simply isn’t enough time each day. To save time in your routine, use multi-purpose, long lasting cosmetics, like blush that can also be used to conceal dark circles or contour.
FYI, in 2002 Joni Rogers-Kante founded the Make Sense Foundation (MSF), a non-profit organization that regularly raises and contributes funds for women and children in need as part of the overall commitment to give back to the global community. Wouldn’t you really rather do business with a company that gives back?
Now find out 5 Ways to Beat Stay-at-Home Fatigue.
*ReallyRather received several of Joni Rogers-Kante’s SeneGence products to try before posting this feature.